Online educational environments are among the most exciting and richest learning tools. Internet-dependent online educational environments provide long-term opportunities and increase the efficiency of the educational process as well as boost users’ confidence. The growth of the information and communication technology industry has made online education based on electronic space the conventional method of education worldwide. Today, with the advancement of social communications, the possibility of social and informational interaction among all members of society has arisen, and the internet is considered an agent of interpersonal connection in cyberspace.
Virtual learning environments have various features and capabilities that can be utilized to employ effective methods and strategies for learners’ education. Education based on information technology allows learners to think actively and innovatively and to use these ideas collectively. Computer-based learning technologies and online virtual classes have paved the way for the emergence of modern teaching methods and can provide opportunities for better and faster learning.
Another aspect of the importance of virtual education is speeding up learning according to one’s own pace. Certainly, the learning speed of all individuals is not the same. Some people need more repetition to memorize information, while others need to increase their learning pace, otherwise, they spend tiring hours in class and, fundamentally, creating motivation for studying and learning new topics is a necessary condition for the success and achievement of an institute’s educational goals. Therefore, considering the points mentioned, DarulQur Academy is proud to announce that it has recently designed a site specifically for children called ‘KiddoQuran’ and has separated the educational content for children from the adult site.
Since children have their specific needs and pay more attention to creativity and curiosity, it was felt necessary to launch a special site for them. This site is used for the age range of 5 to 12 years and will soon be available to the public. In addition to placing previous educational courses on the KiddoQuran site, new courses such as Sciences in the Quran, Quranic Programming, and Quranic Stories have also been added to this site.
KiddoQuran has various sections, which can be mentioned as follows:
1) Quranic Courses for kids:
- Sweet Quran: Children are influenced by Quranic stories, drama, arts and crafts, and games; They will learn the small surahs of Juz Amma by a new and unique teaching method.
- Quran Reading: Arabic alphabets and basic reading rules will be taught through stories and using surrounding objects and animals in a fun way that embeds the letters in kids’ minds.
- Melodious Recitation: children will be guided gradually through the process of recitation, allowing them to utilize their reading skills to learn the art of beautiful recitation.
- Juz Amma Memorisation: starting the journey of memorizing the Quran with this Juz Amma is the best choice for kids to gain confidence in memorization.
- Learning Quran Translation for Kids: children will start to understand the meaning of the verses of the Holy Quran by learning over 100 Quranic words through enjoyable activities.
- Quranic Stories for Kids: in this course, alongside the prophets’ stories, related concept stories, attributes of Allah, and engaging children’s poems, will be presented.
- Wonders of Creation for Kids: children are fond of science and in this course, they will be provided with a comprehensive understanding of scientific concepts as mentioned in the Quran.
- Quranic Programming for Kids: Scratch Jr is an introductory programming language that empowers children to craft their interactive stories and games based on Quranic narratives.
2) Interactive Games and Quizzes: Learning becomes playtime with a collection of Quran-themed games and quizzes. These activities make memorization, recitation, and understanding the Quran a joyful experience.
3) Kid-Friendly Audio Stories: KiddoQuran introduces a library of short audio stories that simplify Quranic concepts, making it easy for children to grasp the beauty and wisdom of the Quran.
4) Quranic Recitation: Children can now listen to Quran verses recitation.
In addition to children, parents and Quranic instructors can also visit the various sections available on this site and provide the content to their children and students.
We hope that the efforts made will be a step towards a greater affinity of children with the word of Allah.