How Can I Memorise Quran Online?
Memorising the Quran is a noble and rewarding goal for Muslims. However, it can be challenging to find the time, resources and motivation to do so. That’s why online platforms can be a great option for those who want to learn the Quran by heart.
In this article, we will share some tips on how to memorise the Quran online, and some of the benefits and challenges of this method.
- A clear and authentic recitation of the Quran by a qualified teacher or reciter,
- A translation and explanation of the meaning of the verses in your preferred language,
- A repetition and revision system that helps you retain what you have learned,
- A progress tracker that shows you how much you have memorised and how much is left,
- A feedback and support system that allows you to ask questions, get corrections and receive encouragement from your teacher or peers.
Secondly you need to set a realistic and consistent schedule for your memorisation.
You should decide how much time you can dedicate to memorising the Quran every day, and stick to it. Ideally, you should memorise in the morning, when your mind is fresh and alert, and review in the evening, before you go to sleep. You should also choose a quiet and comfortable place where you can focus without distractions.
Thirdly, you need to apply some effective memorisation techniques that can help you learn faster and better. Some of these techniques include:
- Start with the short and easy chapters (Surahs) at the end of the Quran, and gradually move to the longer and harder ones,
- Break down each Surah into manageable portions (Ayahs), and memorise one portion at a time,
- Repeat each portion several times until you can recite it without looking at the text,
- Recite each portion with the correct pronunciation (Tajweed ) and intonation (Tarteel ),
- Understand the meaning and context of each portion, and try to relate it to your own life,
- Visualize each portion in your mind, using images, colors, symbols or stories,
- Listen to the recitation of each portion by a teacher or reciter, and try to imitate their voice and style,
- Review each portion regularly, using spaced repetition intervals (e.g., after one hour, one day, one week, one month, etc.).
Fourthly, you need to motivate yourself and keep track of your achievements. You should remind yourself of the rewards and benefits of memorising the Quran, such as:
- Gaining Allah’s pleasure and mercy,
- Increasing your knowledge and understanding of Islam,
- Improving your memory and concentration skills,
- Enhancing your spiritual and emotional well-being,
- Developing a stronger connection with the Quran and its message.
You should also celebrate your milestones and achievements, such as completing a Surah, a chapter (Juz) or the whole Quran. You can reward yourself with something halal and enjoyable, such as a gift, a treat or a trip.
You can also share your progress with your family, friends or online community, and receive their encouragement and support.
Memorising the Quran online is a feasible and convenient way to achieve your Islamic learning goals.
However, it requires dedication, discipline and perseverance from your side. You should also seek Allah’s help and guidance in your journey, and ask Him to make it easy for you. May Allah bless you with success in memorising His Book.
DarulQuran Academy offers a courses and programs for those interested in Memorisation of the Holy Quran. With qualified teachers, flexible learning options, and a nurturing community, individuals of all ages can develop a deep connection with the Quran.
The Memorisation course includes different plans, including a one-year, two-year, five-year, and free program, tailored to each student’s time, ability, and request.
Daily timetables are given to students to help them with their Memorisation program and revise the parts they have previously memorised. Memorising the Quran is a process that requires the right method and teacher to achieve the best results.
Join us today and unlock the transformative power of Quran Memorisation .